It's been an exciting and busy first half of 2018 for i2 media research, and we've got even more going on in the lab right now. More about that in a second, but first a few pointers to recent project outputs we’re really happy to share, in case you missed them.
1. Watch a video presentation of work we have been doing with Facebook, on attention distribution in the living room.
2. Read the report of the project i2 media research and Nesta delivered to the Digital Catapult, on how to measure audience response to immersive media experiences, launched at the end of June 2018:
3. Through i2 media research’s collaboration with Nest Insight, exploring the behavioural science of lifetime savings behaviours, i2 media research attended the ABI (Association of British Insurers), HM Treasury and Department for Work and Pensions TechSprint hosted at the Aviva Digital Garage in Hoxton. You may have watched the video on our website of team 9’s pitch on SERGE (Self Employed Retirement Goals Engine), now you can read the ABI (Association of British Insurers) report of the #TechSprint where the collaboration and pitch took place:
So the above are what have been keeping us busy the last few months. Over the summer we several exciting projects in progress:
- Our newest joiner, Leah, is leading an exciting new piece of research with IPSE (the Association of Independent Professionals and Self-Employed people) on the experiences and needs of IPSE members. This builds on our research on self-employment and savings behaviours (described above).
- We are running an interactive and generative session on The Savings Challenge at the Department for Work and Pensions’ “ Pensions Summer School”, on 25th July 2018.
- We are presenting to the winning start-ups on the Digital Catapult’s Augmentor accelerator, on how we can deploy the new methodology to evaluate immersive user experience, to inform its optimisation, which we developed in collaboration with Nesta, and Digital Catapult, also on 25th July 2018.
- We have started a collaboration with local Lewisham fashion brand Tara Khorzad London, supported in part through Goldsmiths DeK programme, to develop a growth strategy for this exciting new brand already having great success on Asos.
- Via the Goldsmiths Department of Psychology internship programme, with support from East Riding of Yorkshire Council and DVSA, we have two brilliant undergrads in the i2 media lab, extending our research on the effects of cognitive load on gaze behaviour when viewing a selection of the DVSA’s Hazard Perception Test clips. The project is testing whether Mindfulness training can reduce the impact of cognitive load on distribution of eye movements.
- We’ve started a new (for now, top-secret!) project focused on the future of media consumption and delivery – more of that in a separate post soon.
So, busy times, but we're always open to new projects and collaborations. Please get in touch if you want to hear more about what we've been doing, and would like to discuss how i2 media research can work for you, at firstname.lastname@example.org